POLICY FOR ON-DEMAND EXAMINATION IN NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
1. A student must apply for examinations by completing the electronic application form for on-demand Virtual Examinations.
2. The student should have dully registered to take the examinations.
3. The student must sign the undertaking on the virtual examination on-demand application form that he/she is computer literate enough to do virtual examinations.
4. The student must have interacted with his/her Course Material for a minimum of 8 weeks from the date of course registration.
5. The student must have completed Tutor-Marked Assignments [TMAs] 1-3 for all courses that he or she is demanding to be examined on.
6. There must be a “Proctor” to supervise the exams wherever the student is taking the examinations.
7. The Directorate of Examinations and Assessment will determine the date and mode of the examinations.
8. The Head of Department (HOD) must have provided Test Items for the courses to be examined.
9. All other rules and regulations approved by the University Senate for the conduct of examinations must be adhered to.
[2:39 PM, 6/9/2020] Entrepreneur: THE National Open University of Nigeria said on Sunday that it had concluded arrangements to conduct an online matriculation for its new students by Saturday, June 13.
The university noted that its students should download an application, Zoom, that would enable them to participate in the matriculation from any location.
The NOUN Director of Media and Publicity, Mr Ibrahim Sheme, added that the online matriculation was as a result of developments arising from the COVID-19 pandemic in the country which called for minimum gathering of persons as possible.
Sheme said, “During the matriculation, the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Abdalla Adamu, will deliver his address, which will be followed by administering of oath of the 19th matriculation on the students by the Registrar, Mr. Felix Idoka, both from remote locations without the students being physically present.
“The virtual event will be viewed live through the Zoom application. It is therefore advisable for students to download the application to enable them to participate from home or any other location. The application password would be communicated to them.
“The university has therefore withdrawn its earlier announcement that students could collect academic gowns from their various study centres for the matriculation ceremony; such directive was issued in error.”
NOUN noted that it would be impossible to conduct collection of gowns due to the restriction of movements.
“The centre directors have been told not to open any study centre or allow a gathering of students, until the ban on all tertiary institutions is lifted by the Federal Government,” the university said.
HOW TO GET 10/10 MARKS IN ALL YOUR TMA (TEST) MARKS
STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION
REGISTERABLE COURSES THIS SEMESTER
LIST OF COURSES OFFERED IN NOUN