ICAN/ATS PROFESSIONAL EXAMS
It’s a professional exam run by Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).
Requirements- 5 O’level credits which must include English and Mathematics and 3 credits in any subjects to make it 5 credits.
The exams are written March and September diets annually.
ATS has 3 levels
After ATS 3, the certificate to be given is AAT Associate Accounting Technician.
Eligibility- AAT, HND, BSc and MSc holders.
It has 3 levels
– Management Information (MI)
– Financial Accounting(FA)
– Business Finance
Skills (6 subjects)
– Financial Reporting
– Management Governance and Ethics
– Public Sector Accounting and Finance
-Audit & Assurance
– Corporate Reporting
– Strategic Financial Management
– Advanced Audit and Assurance
– Advanced Taxation
* BSc Accounting (NOUN)to start write 1 subject at foundation level-management Information
*BSc Accounting (ICAN accredited universities)- 4 subjects at skills level
* BSc Accounting from foreign universities-to start from foundation level and write only law
* BSc non Accounting courses to start from foundation level.