National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN NOUN Admission 2022 Session
Table of Contents
The National Open University of Nigeria is a Federal Open and Distance Learning institution. It is Nigeria’s largest tertiary institution in terms of student number and is popularly referred to as NOUN. NOUN takes pride in its flexibility of the delivery system, cost-effectiveness, and ability to reach the unreached. This article is all about NOUN Admission 2022 Session.
The National Open University of Nigeria courses and fees The university prides itself on its quality courses that attract students each year. If you are one such student who would like to study at NOUN, then here is everything you need to know about NOUN courses and how much you will need to pay to study at this institution of higher learning.
The National Open University of Nigeria courses available Here is an up-to-date list of National Open University courses as they appear on the NOUN portal. Below is a breakdown of the various courses being offered currently. They are grouped according to the faculties.
Studying with us gives a rewarding experience as we give you all the support you need to succeed.
- An applicant for undergraduate admission into NOUN is normally expected to have a minimum of 5 O-level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- Additional requirements might apply for some programmes and these can be viewed after selecting the Programme and entry level at the Faculty’s admission page.
- To apply for a programme, select the Faculty, choose the programme and entry level so that the View Requirement button is enabled. Clicking this button will reveal the corresponding entry requirement and enable the Apply button on the pre-payment application page.
- Fill in all the remaining details on the page before submitting.
- On successful submission of the pre-payment form, you are redirected to Remita to obtain an RRR invoice which should be used to effect payment for the application form.
- An applicant who pays online using a payment card will automatically obtain the online form which must be filled before submission.
- Applicants who pay through a bank branch must click on Continue after payment… and enter their Unique ID and RRR. They are also given the opportunity to change the Programme applied for.
- Applicants who had paid using an RRR generated last semester or earlier must restart the application process upto the point when they are re-directed to remita. They should now use the newly generated UniqueID with the old RRR used for payment when they click Proceed after payment.
- In all cases a successful payment will lead to the generation of an online application form which should be filled before submission online. The admission process is automated and the outcome is virtually instantaneous!
- To qualify for admission into any of the postgraduate programmes of the University, a candidate must meet, among others, all matriculation requirements of at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics. Some programmes accept at least a pass in Mathematics.
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Candidates must possess either a minimum of pass Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit. For the Postgraduate Diploma in Legislative Drafting, the candidate must have been called to the Bar. Also for admission into the school of Business and Human Resource Management Postgraduate Diploma programmes, candidates with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, ACIA, etc may be considered on individual merit.
- For Master degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a University recongnised by the Senate of the NOUN. However, holders of lower classification and with a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit OR a Postgraduate Diploma in related field of study from a recongnised University OR A Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit in the relevant field of study. Candidate with membership certificate of relevant professional bodies may apply for the Master of Business (MBA) programme.
- For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree prorammes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant field of study from a University recongised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- List of Programmes Offered in NOUN
- NOUN Courses for PGD, Master’s and PhD Programme
- Check The Courses To Register This Semester
- NOUN Nursing Programme Receives Full Accreditation
- NOUN Courses & School Fees Calculator
- List Of Seminar Courses In Noun
- List of Programmes Offered in NOUN
- List Of NOUN IT/SIWES Courses
- NOUN Admission