NOUN E-exams Tips – National Open University Of Nigeria E-examination Preparation
We shall be looking at NOUN Exam Tips for Freshers in 100 level – 200 level students, NOUN E-exam Portal
Tricks to Pass Your e-Exam in National Open University (NOUN)
As a fresher student in National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN), you might be curious about how to write NOUN e-exam or what are the procedures of writing NOUN e-exam, if these are your questions, worry no more.
In this article, I will explain everything you need to know about NOUN e-examination, as a fresher in NOUN there is some crucial information you need to know, don’t enter the exam hall until you finish reading this!
1. All the students will be given the same set of questions but the position of each question will be scattered. For instance, your own Number 1 question might appear as Number 6 question on another person’s screen. The options may also be scattered i.e your own option A might be another person’s option D.
2. The question is a mixture of OBJ (Objective) and fill-in-the gap. OBJ is usually around 35-40% and fill-in-the-gap covers 60-65%.
3. The ratio of the OBJ to fill-in-the-gap questions depend on the course you are writing the exam.
4. At times, some of the questions raised in OBJ are repeated in the fill-in-the-gap. It is therefore recommended that in case you forgot some answers you can attempt other questions, you may find the right answer along the line. (Please pay attention to this)
You May Also Like:
- How To Resolve Noun Gst Portal
- Steps On How To Join Noun Online Facilitation Class
- Direct Entry Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNSc.)|National Open University
5. All the courses carry 70 or 120 questions, except Mathematics courses which carries just 35 questions and 2 marks are allotted to each question.
6. The timer starts immediately you commence the exam, therefore do not waste time when trying to solve difficult questions, make sure you attempt the questions you know the answers first… in fact, most of the times you can even find the correct answers in the front. So be patient while answering the questions.
7. Unlike TMA that all the questions are displayed on a page, the computer will only display one question per page. Hence, to view the next questions you need to click on the “Next button” or press the “Previous button” to access previous questions.
As you are attempting each question, you will be able to see the ones you have answered and the ones you have not answered below the current page (both will be displayed in different colours)
With this, you will be able to easily identify the unanswered questions and view them anytime you want.
8. The timer will stop immediately you log out of the system and if you log in again the timer will continue from where you stopped but the questions and options will be scattered
9. Explore the power of prayer: This may sound funny to some people, pray before you enter the exam hall or before starting the exam because sometimes you may be given a system which might malfunction or develop some issues during the exam. This might affect performance of the affected students and again it might take a long time for the system engineer to come and diagnose/fix the issue. Time is already wasted and little or nothing can be done about that.
10. Please note that the management has taken measures to mitigate impersonation such that your picture will appear on all the pages of the exam question… Anyone caught impersonating will be summarily dealt with.
11. Immediately you visit the e-exam portal you will be required to login with your matric number (just as you did in your TMA portal). So make sure you write your matric number where you can easily find it (in case you don’t know it offhand).
12. These are the basic buttons on the page and their functions:
– NEXT: when you click this button you will be able to access the next set of questions
– PREVIOUS: when you click this button you will be able to access previously viewed questions
– LOGOUT: when you click this button you will be logged out of the page unless you log in again
– SUBMIT: this is the execution button; you should only click it after you have answered all the questions. On clicking the SUBMIT button you will be notified if you still have some unanswered questions left. Make sure you review your work before hitting this button.
13. Once you click on the SUBMIT button you will see your score instantly. It is recommended that after seeing your score you should always write it down in a safe place in order to compare it with the comprehensive results that NOUN will release after the examination period. This will serve as proof in case there is any variation from the one released by the school and you will like to complain.
14. The exam is computer-based; the answers are already programmed and your answers will be marked by the computer not human. If you type any answer that is different from the programmed ones you will get zero. So make sure you type the answers accurately and use the correct spelling.
15. In addition to the above, please note that while answering fill-in-the gap questions you cannot use your own English, you must answer it the exact way it is written in the course material or how it appeared in the TMA question. This is because your answers will be marked by computer and the answers are already programmed, anything aside this will be marked as wrong.
- Carefully read the questions before answering them
- Get the current Tmas (Questions & Answers) you just submitted. This is because they usually repeat TMAs. If possible get previous TMAS for other years.
- Try as much as possible to always remember the answers you have submitted, because you may see thesame questions again
- Don’t waste time on any question because of time
- How to Login into NOUN E learning Portal for Tma Submissions
- How to apply for NOUN Admission
- NOUN Registerable Courses and Fees
- NOUN Carryover Course Registration Procedure
- How To Pay School NOUN Fees
- Facts About national open university of Nigeria noun
- Procedure for Change of Course Open University, NOUN
- How To Check NOUN Required Credit Unit for Graduation
- Open University of Nigeria Courses and Fees
- List of Programmes Offered in NOUN
- Noun Business Plan (Gst302) And How To Upload
- How to Upload Completed Final Year Project/Seminar and Practicum on (NOUN PAS)
- Noun Official Websites
- Noun Fee Analysis/Calculator
- What You Should Know About National Open University Of Nigeria