FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NOUN PROJECT BEFORE GRADUATING
There are many reasons a student might not find his or her name in the graduation list even after ‘graduating’. Dominant in this reasons is the late submission of one’s project.
One prime focus for a 400 Level student is embarking on Research Project which carries 6 credits units.
Speaking from experience, it’s best one presents or submit his or her project topics at early stage of his or her 400 Level first semester so as to complete the process in time. Although project writing is a 400 Level second semester course, it’s allowed and better done or started in 400 Level first semester.
SOME OF THE REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO DO SO ARE:
1. NOUN has much population and so it takes time to approve topics as well as assign supervisors in batches.
2. Embarking on research work might demand more time for its completion.
3. Some supervisors can be too demanding and busy, thus slowing down the speed of your Research work.
4. It’s better to complete your Research Project in your first semester so as to face your course work in your second semester.
5. Submitting your project in time facilitates your name being enlisted early in the graduation list when you are through with all your exams.
HOW TO PRESENT YOUR RESEARCH PROJECT TOPICS FOR APPROVAL
Note, this process varies for different Faculties/Programmes. To avoid any confusion, it’s best you inquire from your study centre.
However, below is the approved format:
Subject: PROPOSED PROJECT TOPICS (NOUN)
Proposed Research Topics (must be three in number)
Note that for some study centres, it’s expected you submit the above details in hard copy (typewriting). Sequel to this, after two weeks, the copy you submitted will be signed and you will be assigned to a project supervisor.
You will be given the supervisor’s phone number. Call him or her, introduce yourself and enquire from the supervisor when he or she will be available so that both of you can meet.
Take the signed copy (proposed project topics) to the supervisor. From the three proposed topics you submit, the supervisor will amend, approve one or give you an entirely new project topic then sign on it.
Photocopy the approved copy and submit back to school the original approved and signed copy of the project. Once you have done this, you can begin your project.
Checkout the Exact Courses to Register this Semester: https://studentarrive.com.ng/check-the-courses-to-register-this-semester/
Checkout the Exact Amount to Pay this Semester: https://studentarrive.com.ng/noun-checkout-the-exact-fees-to-pay-this-semester-2019-2020/674