nou.edu.ng National Open University, NOUN Courses and Requirements
Studying with us gives a rewarding experience as we give you all the support you need to succeed.
- An applicant for undergraduate admission into NOUN is normally expected to have a minimum of 5 O-level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- Additional requirements might apply for some programmes and these can be viewed after selecting the Programme and entry level at the Faculty’s admission page.
- To apply for a programme, select the Faculty, choose the programme and entry level so that the View Requirement button is enabled. Clicking this button will reveal the corresponding entry requirement and enable the Apply button on the pre-payment application page.
- Fill in all the remaining details on the page before submitting.
- On successful submission of the pre-payment form, you are redirected to Remita to obtain an RRR invoice which should be used to effect payment for the application form.
- An applicant who pays online using a payment card will automatically obtain the online form which must be filled before submission.
- Applicants who pay through a bank branch must click on “Continue After Payment” and enter their Unique ID and RRR. They are also given the opportunity to change the Programme applied for.
- Applicants who had paid using an RRR generated last semester or earlier must restart the application process upto the point when they are re-directed to remita. They should now use the newly generated UniqueID with the old RRR used for payment when they click Proceed after payment.
- In all cases a successful payment will lead to the generation of an online application form which should be filled before submission online. The admission process is automated and the outcome is virtually instantaneous!
- To qualify for admission into any of the postgraduate programmes of the University, a candidate must meet, among others, all matriculation requirements of at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics. Some programmes accept at least a pass in Mathematics.
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Candidates must possess either a minimum of pass Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit. For the Postgraduate Diploma in Legislative Drafting, the candidate must have been called to the Bar. Also for admission into the school of Business and Human Resource Management Postgraduate Diploma programmes, candidates with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, ACIA, etc may be considered on individual merit.
- For Master degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a University recongnised by the Senate of the NOUN. However, holders of lower classification and with a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit OR a Postgraduate Diploma in related field of study from a recongnised University OR A Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit in the relevant field of study. Candidate with membership certificate of relevant professional bodies may apply for the Master of Business (MBA) programme.
- For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree prorammes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant field of study from a University recongised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
You are welcome.
National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN Registerable Courses and Fees this Semester 2022
This page is basically for fresh and returning students of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). This is the current NOUN school fees for the 2022/2023 academic session, which has been released by the school senate and made public, and we have used this opportunity, to publish this information publicly here on Student Arrive.
The management board of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) has just released the updated school fees schedule for all newly admitted students and old.
Take note, that if you had applied for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) or you are already a student, it is advisable, that you know the current NOUN Courses Outline and school fees for all students, and this information will help you, in avoiding making mistakes. Thus, this Page provides NOUN Registerable Courses and fees this semester for all levels and departments.
Here, you’ll get to know three (3) things namely; i.) Your Registerable Courses, ii.) Exact fees to pay, and iii.) The number of elective Courses to register this semester.
List of National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN Faculties
Select your Faculty below: