Facts about about NOUN Business Plan GST302 (Business Creation and Growth)
When should I use a Business Plan?
This article is all about NOUN Business Plan GST302 (Business Creation and Growth). As you know, A Business Plan is essentially a tool for planning and education. It can be used to build the framework for your new or existing enterprise and to set goals for your business.
It can also be used by your startup as a way to present your ideas, sales projections, and plans for achieving your objectives to potential investors for funding purposes.
Ultimately, whether you plan to launch a company, transition from being a freelancer to a small business owner, or wish to recreate, improve, and organize your current business, a Business Plan is a helpful document for steering your business forward and informing others of your plans.
– On this page, we explain everything you need to know about GST302 – Business Creation and Growth
– GST302 – Business Plan Write up, Submission/Uploading, and Presentation Date
–Incubation Centres and SDG goals
– Frequently Asked Questions About GST302 Business Plan and How To Login Into GST Portal.
– GST302 Online Facilitation and Business Idea Grading System
GST302 – BUSINESS CREATION AND GROWTH is an entrepreneurship course meant for all 300 level Students of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). It is a core course and a two (2) credit unit course.
GST302 has no TMA, Student’s who have registered for the course are expected to write a business plan and submit or upload their proposed business plan online on the GST PORTAL – (https://elearn.nouedu2.net/) The writing and submission of your business plan serve as a TMA for the course.
What is a business plan?
A business plan is a written document that describes the business goals and the ways in which you plan to achieve them. It also covers various other aspects of the company’s future program and can serve as an internal decision-making tool or business proposal to present to potential investors.
Who needs a business plan?
Those who start a business or have an existing business, including sole proprietors, general partners, members of limited liability companies (LLCs), and even corporations, should have a business plan in which they set out their strategies and goals for their business.
GST302 Business Plan Submission/Uploading and Presentation Date in 2021_2 Semester
Submission/Uploading and Presentation of GST302 business plan will commence from 11th October 2021 – 30th November 2021. The presentation of business proposal will be carried out in two forms:- Physical presentation at the Incubation centres and an Online presentation on the zoom platform. A student is expected to choose one out of the two methods of presentation.
NOTE: if you are doing the online presentation, you are not going to do the physical presentation and vice versa.
GST302 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) For All Zones
2021_2 APPROACH TO BUSINESS PLAN WRITING AND PRESENTATION
The Directorate has initiated a new approach to Business Enterprise writing and presentation in line with global best practices.
In the light of this, student’s enterprise ideas must be focused on any of the four thematic areas and graded according to the rubric attached herein. We will commerce sensitization of students from 7th September to 20th 2021.
The Thematic Areas.
- Agripreneur (with focus on meeting specified SDGs). Main business is agriculture or agriculture related. Agripreneur finds opportunities to make the most of agricultural products.
- Biotechnology (with focus on meeting specified SDGs). This is technology that uses biological systems, living organisms or parts of it to develop or create different products. Areas where biotechnology are mostly used are health care/medical (red), Production/industry (white), environment and crop production (green), and marine (blue).
- Green Education (with focus on meeting specified SDGs). This is a service sector which is expected to transform education in economy development with focus on environmental benefits and sustainability. Becoming environmentally friendly and ecologically responsible in terms of decisions and lifestyles. Green practices may include sustainable purchasing, electronics stewardship, transportation, pollinator protection, waste diversion, and pollution prevention
- Information Communication Technology – ICT (with focus on meeting specified SDGs). ICT services that can improve products and services in the various sectors of the economy. This may include software development or deployment.
How To Login Into GST302 Portal – ELEARN
You can follow this link Steps For Working With GST TMA Portal – NOUN Learning Space or follow the steps below
- Go to https://elearn.nouedu2.net/
- Use your matrix number for both the username and password (in lowercase)
USER NAME (use your matric number e.g nou190000019 ) Lowercase or small letters
PASSWORD (use your matric number e.g nou190000019 ) Lowercase or small letters
- Change your password
- Click on go to online courses below my courses
- Re-type your username and the new password
- Your courses will be displayed on the dashboard
How To Submit GST302 Business Plan
Now that you have followed the steps above to activate your GST portal, follow the steps below to upload/submit your business plan.
- Login to https://elearn.nouedu2.net/
- Click on Go to Online Course
- Click on GST302
- Open all the links in the sections to tick all the boxes as part of participation
- Scroll down to Submission of Enterprise Ideas
- Click on the link for your Incubation centre, e.g. those in Akure or Ekiti are in the Southwest incubation centre, those in Calabar or delta are in the Southsouth incubation centre.
- Scroll down to click on Add Submission
- Scroll down and click on the Add file icon. The first icon in the file selection section.
- A file selection box will open, click on Choose file
- select your business plan from the location it’s saved.
- In the save as box, we advise you should type your matric number so that it’d be saved as nou98765432.doc…
- Click on Upload This File and it’d be uploaded
- Finally, you’ll see Save changes click on it to complete the submission
- You can immediately book your presentation date, time, and mode.
- You can make your presentation online or in your incubation centre Link as a guide to making a presentation: https://youtu.be/az60xPks2rE
GST302 Online Presentation Procedures
- DOWNLOAD ZOOM APP, Go to https://zoom.us/download and from the Download Center, click on the Download button. For Android users, After that click on download from Google play. Allow the app to download and installed.
- Login to GST portal – https://elearn.nouedu2.net/login/index.php
- After Logging in, click on the dashboard where you’ll see your GST302 course.
- Scroll down a bit and click on SOUTHWEST 2021_2 PRESENTATION
- When the presentation page opens click on Join meeting at the top of the page.
- You’ll be redirected to the Zoom app.
- Once you’re on the zoom app, make sure your microphone is active.
- Make sure you have enough data on your phone
Most Likely Questions During GST302 Online Presentation
The following questions were usually asked from students:
i. What is your name and matric no?
ii. Your presentation within 2mims (That is Executive summary)
iii. What is the innovation in your business since many people are already into the business or how will your business be different from others or what gap do you want to fill.?
iv. Who are your target customers?
v. What is your SWOT analysis?
vi. What is your break-even point?
vii. How would you market your product?
viii. How much will your business cost (startup cost)?
ix. What is your organization structure?
x. Name some of your competitors in your area?
How To Join GST302 Online Facilitation
- Type the website: https://elearn.nouedu2.net/ on the browser.
- Enter your username and password
- Go to online courses
- Click on GST302
- Scroll down to South West Incubation Centre Meeting
- Click on it and join the meeting with the link that will always be sent to you.
- NOUN Online Lecture/Facilitation Timetable For 2021_1 Semester
Frequently Asked Questions About GST302 Business Plan
- WHAT IS GST302?
GST302 Course Title: Business Creation and Growth is a 2 unit compulsory course in 300level 2nd semester. Formally known as GST301 with
Course Title: Entrepreneurship Studies 1.
2. IS THERE TMA FOR GST302?
There is no TMA for Gst302.
3. IS THERE AN EXAM FOR GST302?
Yes, You will write a CBT examination on Gst302 just like the normal e-exams.
4. HOW DO I STUDY FOR THE EXAM, IS THERE A TEXTS BOOK FOR GST302?
Yes, Gst302 has a texts book, you can download the pdf on the school site (nou.edu.ng) and print the hardcopy just like other texts book, or go to your study centre after registration to collect the texts book if you need the pdf download via this link https://nou.edu.ng/sites/default/files/2018-10/GST%20302%20.pdf
- WHAT IS BUSINESS PLAN?
A business plan is a write-up you will present to the school, explaining what it takes to start up a business, and how to manage the business well.
6. WHAT IS PRESENTATION?
After writing the business plan, you will need to present it to the school, explaining what is in the write-up, you can do the presentation online, you can also do the presentation in your study centre.
- WHEN IS THE PRESENTAION?
The presentation starts on 2nd May – 31st May 2021.
- HOW CAN I GET THE WRITE UP?
We can help you prepare the write-up at an affordable price. Call/WhatsApp:- 08117413104
- AFTER MY WRITE UP WHAT NEXT?
Once you have a write-up, you need to upload it on the GST site, then choose a day for your presentation.
- LOG IN CREDENTIALS ON THE GST SITE?
Please, note that you need to create GST log in credential before you can access the site to upload your business plan, We have explained the step-by-step guide on this page.
GST302 Business Idea Grading System
1. Idea Scanning within your environment to locate a problem you can solve and then create a business around it
2 . The level of relevance of the business idea
3. Level of Innovation and Creativity:
• What is new in the product or service as compared to existing ones?
• What is the impact will it make on the users?
4. Level of Idea development
5. Demonstration of the Idea (Product or Service)
6. Idea Documentation (Business Plan)
• Executive Summary
• Product Idea and Description
• Proposed organizational structure
• Market Analysis
• Financial Analysis
Note: A business idea could either be a product or service. All students that registered for GST302 must prepare their innovative business idea proposals that will be presented at the incubation centre or real-time online.
All proposals must be typed and printed. If you have done No. 1 – 5, proceed to Business Plan and submit on the website.
NEED HELP ON THE GST302 BUSINESS PLAN?
- Procedure for Change of Course Open University, NOUN
- How To Check NOUN Required Credit Unit for Graduation
- List of Programmes Offered in NOUN
- Noun Business Plan (Gst302) And How To Upload
- How to Upload Completed Final Year Project/Seminar and Practicum on (NOUN PAS)
- Noun Official Websites