Scholarships Dealing With Cyprus
Table of Contents
Mediterranean Island Rich in Ruins and Emerging as a New European Escape
Closely tied to Greece and Turkey, the island of Cyprus offers a diverse and cultural marriage of both cultures. The laid-back, open country is perfect for students who may be a bit timid about going abroad since the region is heavy with security. A former British colony, Cyprus became independent in 1960, and is now part of the European Union, although there is some tension between Greek and Turkish residents of the island. As a result, both Greek and Turkish are the official languages.
Besides study time, students may also take advantage of the great beaches and ruins of numerous civilizations. Scholarships tend to focus on archaeology as well as language and culture.
You May also like:
- IELTS Registration (How to Book a Test)
- IELTS Exam Dates FAQ
- How to Choose IELTS Test Dates
- How to Send IELTS Scores to Colleges
One of the most sought-after scholarships among undergraduate students is the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships. Established by the federal government and intended to promote diversity in world leadership, the Gilman Scholarships target disadvantaged students. Eligible applicants must be Pell Grant recipients and excellent students. Even though there are more than 2,000 “Gilmans” handed out, there are exponentially more applicants competing for these generous awards. The awards provide winning candidates up to $5,000. If you want to study in Cyprus, look into this award.
The Washington, D.C.-based Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC) offers nine Multi-Country Research Fellowships each year. This program is open to U.S. doctoral and post-doctoral scholars in the humanities, social sciences, or allied natural sciences. Scholars are required to conduct research in more than one country, at least one of which hosts a participating American overseas research center. These awards of up to $12,000 each are granted to scholars seeking to conduct research of regional or trans-regional significance.
Scholarships designed for archaeology students come from the Archaeological Institute of America.
- The Harriet and Leon Pomerance Fellowship awards students, especially graduate, who are concentrating in Aegean Bronze Age archaeology in the Mediterranean region. Up to $5,000 is given for students who wish to dig for artifacts in Cyprus. The more innovative and well-defined the project, the better.
- More than a dozen Jane C. Waldbaum Archaeological Field School Scholarships are administered to help students who are planning to participate in their first archaeological field work. Each award provides $1,000 to help pay expenses associated with participation in a field project with a minimum duration of at least one month.
- The Olivia James Traveling Fellowship supports travel and study in Cyprus and other Mediterranean countries. Preference is given to students working on their dissertation research or to post-doctoral students within five years of graduation. This generous $25,000 award is not intended to support field excavation projects.
The Cyprus American Archaeological Research Institute provides graduate archaeology students from the U.S. and Canada with fellowship opportunities to pursue a research project tied to one of Cyprus’s active field projects:
- Helena Wylde Swiny And Stuart Swiny Fellowship, $1,000
- Anita Cecil O’Donovan Fellowship, $1,000
- Danielle Parks Memorial Fellowship, $1,000
The Institute of Current World Affairs celebrates professionals who are wishing to undertake customized studies in Cyprus separate from scholastic projects or dissertations. The John O. Crane Memorial Fellowships help individuals fund their projects. Applicants must be willing to share their experiences or utilize them in their professional lives to be considered.
- Busting Myths About Studying Abroad
- TOEFL Exam 2022
- 25 Scholarships in USA
- Top 10 Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- Top 10 Prestigious Scholarships for the Best Students
- 35+ International Scholarships for Development-Related Studies
- 15+ Tuition Fee Scholarships offered by Universities for International Students
- 10 Distance Learning Scholarships & Tuition
- Top 10 International Scholarships for Women
- 10+ Scholarships in Australia for International Students
- Top 50 International Scholarship Programs Offered Annually
- Top 10 Science, Engineering, Technology Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Top 15 Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships for International Students
- Top 10 International Scholarships for African Students