Fulbright Scholarship 2023
Fulbright Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is only offered for masters and PhD studies. Fulbright Foreign Student Program covers full tuition fee, a living stipend, full accommodation fee, airfare and health insurance.
These scholarships are sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, is the U.S. government’s flagship international educational exchange program and is designed to nurture mutual understanding among nations through the educational and cultural exchange. The grants are awarded irrespective of applicant’s race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The Fulbright scholarships program aims to provide opportunity to diverse groups of people to in the United States institutions of learning. The scholarships are granted to people from economically disadvantaged groups, minorities and those from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.
The United States of America has been providing Fulbright scholarships to thousands of foreign students in 155 countries to pursue their studies in United States Universities and academic institutions since 1946. The scholarship was initiated to help artistic, young and talented foreign students to pursue their graduate studies and conduct world class research in the United States of America.
The is a merit-based scholarship that provides up to two to five years of funding for graduate and PhD level study or research at a U.S. university. AMIDEAST continues today to support countless Fulbright students to experience the opportunity of exchange and successfully complete their grants in the United States. For over four decades, AMIDEAST has been placing students from across the MENA region into universities throughout the United States. It has been integral to the success of the Fulbright Program, serving as a convener of academic and cultural exchange and dialogue.
Fulbright Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): USA Universities and Academic Institutions
- Study in: USA
- Courses Offered: All fields, including interdisciplinary courses.
- Program Period: Depends on the selected program.
- Fulbright Scholarship Deadline: Varies per countries (Feb. to Oct. annually)
Fulbright Scholarship Coverage
Fulbright Scholarship 2023 is a fully funded scholarship and provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The scholarship covers tuition, a living stipend, airfare and health insurance, etc. The Fulbright program provides funding for the duration of the study.
- See the official website and country specific websites for the complete list of scholarship benefits.
You May also like:
- IELTS Registration (How to Book a Test)
- IELTS Exam Dates FAQ
- How to Choose IELTS Test Dates
- How to Send IELTS Scores to Colleges
- CAT 2022 Examination
- Introduction to Mini GMAT
- GMAT prep tips: Integrated Reasoning section
- GMAT prep tips: Verbal section
- GMAT prep tips: Quantitative section
- GMAT prep tips: Analytical Writing Assessment
- How to select the best coaching center for GMAT
- How to send GMAT scores to B-Schools
- GMAT Score Report 2022
- GMAT Online Exam
- Best Business Schools in the World
- GMAT 2022 Exam
- GMAT 2022 Exam
- GRE Syllabus 2022
- GRE Exam 2022
- PTE Exam Registration 2022
- ACT 2022 Exam
Eligibility Criteria Fulbright Scholarship 2023
To be eligible for Fulbright Scholarship 2023, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International students from 155 countries around the world.
- Program eligibility and selection procedures vary widely by country.
- Please see the country specific websites to find information about the Fulbright Program in your home country, including eligibility requirements and application guidelines.
How to Apply for Fulbright Scholarship 2023?
Please follow the following step by step application procedure to apply for Fulbright scholarship 2023:
(1) Make Online Application
(2) Prepare Academic Transcripts and Degrees
All transcripts and degrees from a 4-year undergraduate degree or its equivalent – equivalent programs include international three-year bachelor programs or ACCA. PhD applicants must also submit their MPhil or MS degrees and transcripts. You can also apply while in your final year of undergraduate studies provided that you get your degree by December this year.
The USEFP looks at your transcripts from a holistic perspective – not just your GPA. They take into account where you went for your education, the courses that you took and your performance in individual courses. They also account for the fact that different universities have different grading systems. There is no minimum GPA to apply, although most successful Fulbright students have strong undergraduate records. Undergraduate academics are just one factor the Fulbright panel uses to evaluate a candidate.
(3) Take GRE General Test and TOEFL
When submitting your application, you may report the unofficial GRE score given on the day of the test, or your official score if you have received it. Every applicant must request that ETS send an official score report directly to USEFP using the code 9388. GRE general (international) test scores are required at the time of application. A decent score for Engineering and Sciences on the GRE is 315+ and that for other fields is 310+. GRE subject test is not required.
The minimum GRE score required to apply for the Fulbright is 138 for verbal and 136 for quantitative. But generally, accepted applicants have a GRE score in the upper percentiles. If you take the GRE test multiple times, you may report your best score, and Fulbright will only look at that score. TOEFL is NOT required at the time of the application submissions. You will have to take the TOEFL exam if you are called for an interview. IELTS is not acceptable.
(4) Prepare Two Essays
There are two essays for the Fulbright application. Each essay must be written in the space provided in the application form, which approximates to 800 words. Don’t over craft your essays; just write in a clear language so that the Fulbright panel that doesn’t know your world can understand you better. Before starting the essays you are going to need to figure out a marketing strategy for yourself. Successful applicants generally take 4-6 weeks writing and perfecting their essays.
(5) Three Recommendation letters are required
You will need to have three recommendations submitted with your application by the application deadline. You can have 3 academic reference letters, or 2 academic and 1 professional or 2 professional and 1 academic. In other words, 1 academic reference letter is a must. Your referees need to fill the reference forms given in the application package and then sign, stamp and seal them in an envelope. Once you submit your online application your referees will be sent an online form via email.
Also Apply for DAAD Scholarship
There is no set formula for “who should write your references”. Sometimes it is also not possible to ask your employer to write your recommendation – USEFP does not want to jeopardize your current position for the application process. Just find people who know you well enough to answer them. It can be a former employer, teacher or researcher.
(6) Prepare Academic Resume
A current and most up-to-date resume should be added to the space provided on the application form. You do not need to have it in any special format.
(7) Submit Online Application
There is no application fee for the Fulbright program. Applications must be submitted online.
After your written application has been submitted and reviewed, you may be invited to a panel interview. Interview decisions are made by mid-September and interviews are conducted in October. If you do not hear from USEFP by October it automatically implies that you have not been selected. The interview is a positive indicator of selection, but is not a guarantee of admission. Interviews are 15 to 30 minutes and are conducted by a panel of 4 people. You have to take your TOEFL registration slip with you on the day of the interview and it is not mandatory to have taken the TOEFL exam by the interview date.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) and the country specific websites for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Fulbright Scholarship 2022-2023 deadline varies per country. But generally it is between February to October annually.
- Busting Myths About Studying Abroad
- TOEFL Exam 2022
- 25 Scholarships in USA
- Top 10 Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- Top 10 Prestigious Scholarships for the Best Students
- 35+ International Scholarships for Development-Related Studies
- 15+ Tuition Fee Scholarships offered by Universities for International Students
- 10 Distance Learning Scholarships & Tuition
- Top 10 International Scholarships for Women
- 10+ Scholarships in Australia for International Students
- Top 50 International Scholarship Programs Offered Annually
- Top 10 Science, Engineering, Technology Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Top 15 Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships for International Students
- Top 10 International Scholarships for African Students
- ICSP Scholarships at University of Oregon USA
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
- MBA: Admission, Courses, Colleges, Fees
- Simmons University Kotzen Scholarships 2023
- USA Scholarships 2023-2024
- Fulbright Scholarship 2023
- Stanford University Scholarships 2023
- Yale University Scholarships 2022
- Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships 2023