How to prepare for XAT 2023 in 3 months: Tips and Tricks
Know how you can prepare for XAT exam in 3 months. Read here the tricks and tips by toppers and experts for XAT preparation 2023.
XAT preparation in 3 months – tips and tricks
The XAT question paper consists of questions from four sections:
- Decision Making
- Verbal and Logical Ability
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
- General Knowledge
To prepare for XAT in three months, start with the important topics of each subject. Assess your strength and weaknesses viz these four subjects, and start with preparation of the toughest subject.
Tips to prepare for XAT 2023 in 3 months
- First of all, check the XAT syllabus. Pick out sections which you think are your strong points. Next, check the XAT exam pattern. Now analyse the weightage of your strength areas in the XAT question paper over the years. This will give you an idea of which sections to focus on.
- Make an exam strategy. Watch videos or read interview of previous years XAT toppers and take inspiration in making a plan of three months. Dedicate more than six hours in a day on XAT preparation.
- Divide three months into completing syllabus, practising mock tests and revision. Starting from October 1 spend 45 days on completing the syllabus. Use the next 30 days in practicing previous years XAT question papers, sample papers and mock-tests. The remaining 15 days should be spent on revision of important topics, concepts, formulae and theorems.
|October-December||Number of days to dedicate|
|XAT syllabus||45 days|
|Mock test practice||30 days|
XAT Mock Test will help you to get an idea about the type of questions asked, the exam pattern and marking scheme. After taking the test, you can immediately check your score. You can also download the Question Paper along with answers and their explanations for Free.
- XAT exam is all about accuracy. If you achieve that, you are safe. But how can you achieve that? The answer is – Mock Test Series. The more you practice mock test series and XAT sample paper the better your understanding will grow about the type of questions, variety of questions, short cuts and tricks to solve them thereby improving your speed and accuracy. But remember, only solving mocks is not enough. Analyse your performance at each juncture and work on areas you are lacking in. Attempt at least 25-30 XAT mock tests of different types.
- Decision Making section of XAT exam is unique but not unusual. The questions of this section typically require you to apply critical thinking. So, work on critical reasoning and practice this section from previous years’ XAT question papers and mock tests to build confidence.
- To score in General Knowledge section of XAT exam read newspapers and stay in touch with current affairs. Prepare static GK from Manorama Year Book and Competition Success Review.
You May also like:
- IELTS Registration (How to Book a Test)
- IELTS Exam Dates FAQ
- How to Choose IELTS Test Dates
- How to Send IELTS Scores to Colleges
- CAT 2022 Examination
- Introduction to Mini GMAT
- GMAT prep tips: Integrated Reasoning section
- GMAT prep tips: Verbal section
- GMAT prep tips: Quantitative section
- GMAT prep tips: Analytical Writing Assessment
- How to select the best coaching center for GMAT
- How to send GMAT scores to B-Schools
- GMAT Score Report 2022
- GMAT Online Exam
- Best Business Schools in the World
- GMAT 2022 Exam
- GMAT 2022 Exam
- GRE Syllabus 2022
- GRE Exam 2022
- PTE Exam Registration 2022
- ACT 2022 Exam
To perform well in the exam, choosing the right question to answer is crucial. Since there is negative marking for wrong questions in XAT, you need to be extremely careful in choosing questions. Attempt a question only when you are sure of solving it with 100 per cent accuracy. Check the marking scheme of XAT below:
XAT Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
|XAT sections||Number of questions||Marking Scheme|
|Decision Making||22||+1 for each right answer and -0.25 for each wrong answer. -0.10 marks will be deducted for more than 8 unanswered questions.|
|Verbal & Logical Ability||26|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||27|
|Essay Writing||(to be assessed during PI shortlisting)|
Most of the XAT toppers say that key to getting a good XAT percentile is meeting the sectional cut offs even if the overall cut off score is compromised. So, what you need to do is focus on meeting the sectional cutoffs while writing the XAT exam. Do this and half the battle is won.
Apply these tips for XAT 2023 preparation strategy and maximise your exam preparation. All the best for XAT 2023!
- Busting Myths About Studying Abroad
- TOEFL Exam 2022
- 25 Scholarships in USA
- Top 10 Scholarships in Italy for International Students
- Top 10 Prestigious Scholarships for the Best Students
- 35+ International Scholarships for Development-Related Studies
- 15+ Tuition Fee Scholarships offered by Universities for International Students
- 10 Distance Learning Scholarships & Tuition
- Top 10 International Scholarships for Women
- 10+ Scholarships in Australia for International Students
- Top 50 International Scholarship Programs Offered Annually
- Top 10 Science, Engineering, Technology Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Top 15 Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships for International Students
- Top 10 International Scholarships for African Students
- ICSP Scholarships at University of Oregon USA
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
- MBA: Admission, Courses, Colleges, Fees