National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN Health Sciences
Faculty of Health Sciences
You are welcome to the website that contains information on the Faculty of Health Sciences, National Open University of Nigeria (N.O.U.N.). The NOUN Faculty of Health Sciences was established recently, arising from the need to provide lifelong learning for health workers. The Faculty attempts to ensure that training emphasizes relevance, rather than just academic knowledge. The Faculty is intended to achieve two closely related objectives; one is to produce a broad range of health manpower that will serve the depressed and underserved rural and peri-urban communities in Nigeria, and the other is to design test programme models for health manpower development that would be replicable in various parts of the country, and hopefully in other countries of the world where health conditions are similar to those of Nigeria.
Programmes in the Faculty
The Faculty of Health Sciences is currently running the following programmes with the award of Bachelor’s degrees in their respective areas as follows:
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNSc):- The Bachelor of Nursing Science Degree of the National Open University is a response to the need to enhance access to university education for many nurses in clinical practice who may not be able to leave their job for higher level education despite the professional demand for such. The aim of the programme is to advance the education of nurses for modern day nursing practice, for higher level performance and capacity for projection into the future as the graduates function to meet health promotion and healthcare needs of individuals along the life span within family framework and with motivation for self-directed learning and professional growth.
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health (B.Sc. Public Health):- The philosophy of the Public Health programme is to provide a broad-based academic, professional training and competence that reflect the emphasis on the current national preventive health care systems and services. The programme is intended to train, retrain and produce graduates with broad scientific and professional knowledge that is based on sound understanding of public health care issues as practiced in the country and globally, to ensure effective qualitative health services.
- Other programmes which have received the approval of the University Senate, but which will take off as soon as they are resource-varied and approved by the National Universities Commission and the relevant professional registration bodies are: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Environmental Health, B.Sc. Dental Technology, B.Sc. Health Information Management, and Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS).
Duration of Programme
The flexibility of the NOUN mode of study allows a student to determine the pace, place, time and medium of study. For some courses, you may choose to study full time or take your courses one at a time (flexible mode). In general, it should take you the normal time allocated to complete a programme at the conventional universities if you study full time at the NOUN. If you choose to study the courses and programmes by the flexible mode the rule of the thumb is to double the time required for the full time study. However, all programmes are full time.
The BNSc Degree programme runs for 10 semesters, while the Public Health programme runs for 8 semesters; and the programmes have both theoretical and practical components that follow in succession.
NOUN Undergraduate Programmes for Faculty of Health Sciences:
|B.NSc. Nursing Science
B.Sc. Public Health
B.Sc. Environmental Health Science
NOUN Postgraduate Programmes for Faculty of Health Sciences:
- M.Sc. Public Health
National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN Registerable Courses and Fees this Semester 2022
This page is basically for fresh and returning students of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). This is the current NOUN school fees for the 2022/2023 academic session, which have been released by the school senate and made public, and we have used this opportunity, to publish this information publicly here on Student Arrive.
The management board of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) has just released the updated school fees schedule for all newly admitted students and old.
Take note, that if you had applied for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) or you are already a student, it is advisable, that you know the current NOUN Courses Outline and school fees for all students, and this information will help you, in avoiding making mistakes. Thus, this Page provides NOUN Registerable Courses and fees this semester for all levels and departments.
Here, you’ll get to know three (3) things namely; i.) Your Registerable Courses, ii.) Exact fees to pay, and iii.) The number of elective Courses to register for this semester.
List of the National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN Faculties
Select your Faculty below:
- Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN
- Faculty of Arts, National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN
- Faculty of Science, National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN
- Faculty of Education, National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN
- Faculty of Management Sciences, National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN
- Faculty of Health Sciences, National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN
- Faculty of Social Sciences, National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN
- How To Check NOUN Required Credit Unit for Graduation
- Noun Official Websites
- What You Should Know About National Open University Of Nigeria